In this video, learn what is required to follow along in this course, such as an Office 365 account and any previous experience that might help the learning experience.
- Well here's what you need to know to follow along with me in this course. Firstly you'll need to have a working internet connection to even access word online. I'll be accessing word online from internet explorer but you can work with other browsers. Even other platforms like a Mac computer or mobile device. Like tablets and smartphones just keep in mind, your screen might look a little different from mine if you're not working with internet explorer. The other thing you'll need is some kind of Microsoft sign in credentials. I'll be using an office 365 account in an organizational environment.
But you can use other accounts like personal Windows live accounts. Outlook.com and even old Hotmail accounts. We'll discuss this further in the next chapter. Lastly there are no exercise files needed for this course as we'll be creating our own files as we move through the chapters and movies in this course. With that in mind, it will help to start with me at the very beginning and follow along as we go through the creation process. If you plan to work with me. Of course, you can also learn plenty by simple sitting back relaxing and watching.
- Creating and saving new documents
- Opening and editing existing documents
- Formatting text
- Using styles
- Working with graphics and tables
- Adding and formatting headers and footers
- Saving and sharing documents with OneDrive
- Collaborating and co-editing with others