Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need for this course, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] There are only a few things that you will need to work along with me in this course. First, you'll need to have access to Microsoft Word for Windows, this can be Word in your Office 365 subscription or Word as part of a package or Word purchased as a standalone product but this is for Word for Windows, some of the features I show you are not available on a Mac and some of them are not available in older versions of Microsoft Word. I will be using an Excel spreadsheet and if you're working along with me then you'll need to have Excel or another application that can open Microsoft Excel so that, for example, you can have access to a chart like this.
Finally, you need some basic skills in Microsoft Word, the ability to enter text and to format it. We will primarily be formatting text by using the styles that you see here. If you're not used to using styles, you'll pick it up very quickly as we go along. As long as you have beginning skills in Microsoft Word and have access to Word, you're going to be fine in this course because everything else that you need to know, I will show you as we work together to create a business report in Microsoft Word 2016.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report