Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video What not to include, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- In addition to extra spaces and extra character returns…and tabs, there are a few other things that are perhaps…a bit less obvious that you shouldn't include…in your Word document when you're preparing for ePub.…You've got to remember that there is no such thing…as an ePub page size, as such, because of the range…of different reading systems and devices…that ePubs can be potentially viewed in.…
A common mistake, the number one I think in Word…to ePub production is to include page numbers…on the bottom of your document in Word.…They shouldn't be there because the reader, remember,…is in control of type size, so the number of pages…will change according to their choice.…If they make the type larger, there will be more pages.…If they make it smaller, there will be less and so on.…And for that reason, cross-references…to page numbers shouldn't be used either.…
I'm willing to bet you've seen it before, though.…I know I have on plenty of occasions.…And I know how that makes me feel about the book producer…given that I'm paying quite often almost as much…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.