Create effective business reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] Welcome to this course on creating reports in Word 2016. I'm Gini von Courter. In this course, I'll show you how to use Word to create business reports from proposals to white papers. We'll use the Outline feature to structure a document from scratch but we'll also see how to use styles to add both structure and formatting if we're beginning with existing report text. We'll apply a theme to brand our report and then I'll show you how to insert illustrations including tables and charts from Excel and images from your PC.
We'll then begin sprucing up our document, adding other elements, headers, footers, and page numbers. I'll show you how to use sections to modify the page elements and layout for part but not all of a report. We'll then add a report cover, generate a table of contents with just a few clicks, and even add supplemental tables for our illustrations. I'll show you how to add a footnote or endnote to present supporting information without disturbing the flow of your report and we'll end with one of Microsoft Word's hidden report features, testing your report for readability.
By the end of this course, you'll have the tools you need to turn your great content into a visually inviting user friendly business report with Microsoft Word.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report