Improve your productivity and efficiency in Word 2016 with these useful tips on setting document defaults, advanced text formatting, and more.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Welcome to this course on tips and tricks for Word 2016. I'm Nick Brazzi. Microsoft Word is such a robust application that there are lots of features that you may not know about, and there are lots of things that Word does automatically that you might want to change or disable. I'll start with some settings for the application interface. I'll also talk about Word Online, which is a tool that you can use to work in Microsoft Word from any internet connected computer. Next, we'll look at some options for formatting text in a document.
We'll also see some options for maintaining proper formatting when copying and pasting text. We'll finish with some general tools in Word that can be really useful, like setting a custom spell check dictionary, or password locking a document. There are lots of little time saving tricks in this course and I hope you'll find them useful. We'll be looking at both the Windows and Mac versions of Word, but most of these features are pretty much the same in both versions. So, let's get started with some tips and tricks in Word 2016.
Note: These tutorials apply to both the Windows and Mac versions of Word 2016.
- Setting default font and saving location for new documents
- Replacing text automatically
- Working with hyperlinks
- Viewing word and character counts
- Customizing your dictionary
- Locking documents