Learn how to leverage the power of Microsoft Word and create strong, standout documents.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Grover, author on several books on Word and Microsoft Office. But even more importantly, I've actively used Word in real-world situations since it was first released. With each iteration of Word, I've not only learned what is new for my own benefit, I've built my skills to help train to help train many of my colleagues. In this course you'll get the benefit of that experience in addition to learning the basics for how to use Word 2010. You'll gain some tips and tricks and also discover how to avoid common pitfalls people encounter when they're using this program.
New features like Word's Ribbon can be disorienting at first. But it won't last long, as you discover how to make Word work the way you like to work. For example, you'll learn how to quickly set up pages for your projects using margins, tabs, and styles. Frequently used techniques like finding and replacing text, checking spelling, and creating outlines are covered thoroughly. These days, documents are likely to include photos, charts, and other graphics. So this course shows how to insert, re-size, and format those elements.
If you work with long documents you'll learn how to add footnotes, tables of content, and indexes. If you collaborate with a team, you'll see how to track changes and add comments to a document. You'll also learn the ins and outs of printing, how to publish PDF files, and how to transmit your finished work via e-mail. So you're ready when it's time to share or publish your work. After watching this course you'll be up to speed on Word and you'll be able to handle the most common word related tasks. So, are you ready to start?
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.