Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View styles and formatting, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] If you are one of the millions of Word users…who started out as a Word Perfect user,…you might remember something called reveal codes.…Reveal codes allowed us to see the formatting…that was in place for a section of text.…The way we do that here in Word is similar;…it's called Reveal Formatting.…So I can learn about styles with the Style pane,…but to learn about specific formatting,…simply select a section of text,…then hold shift and hit F1.…And this opens the Reveal Formatting pane…on the right side of the screen.…
There's my text that's selected,…and it shows me the formatting of the selected text.…At the top, the information about the font,…followed by the information about the paragraph.…This is similar to the style.…This entire section of text is formatted…as the Normal style.…It's selected right here, I can tell that.…With Reveal Formatting open,…let me choose some different text.…And notice that I have information…about the font and the paragraph…and it has all shifted.…What if I select a couple of sections of text?…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles