Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the ruler for tab stops, part of Learning Word 2010.
When you want to align words or numbers in your document you should use the tab…character that's in the upper left area of your keyboard.…If you try to align words by simply pressing the Space bar and inserting…space characters you're going to drive yourself crazy.…This lesson shows how to use the preset tab stops on the Ruler.…Then you learn how to create and manually position custom tab stops.…You'll see that Word offers different types of tabs for different tasks.…So if you're working on a project like this, a menu, you might want to line…things up so that they look nice and neat.…
One of the thing that you can do when you are going to work with tabs that will…make life easier for yourself is to turn on a couple of things.…One is if you display the hidden characters in your document.…And by hidden characters, I mean things like; paragraph marks, tabs stops, and…even the space character. These are all characters in Word and Word…sees them as characters but it doesn't show them to you most of the time when…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.