Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Building Templates in Word.
If you are a Premium member of the Lynda.com Online Training Library, or if you are watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. I've downloaded mine to the Desktop. I'll double-click to open. There are several different types of file formats used throughout the course. Some files are simply saved as documents, while others are saved as templates. During each movie, instructions will be given to either open the template itself, or use the template to create a document based on the template.
If you're a monthly member or annual member of Lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own assets. Are you ready to get started building templates? Let's go!
- Using, applying, and modifying templates
- Creating custom templates
- Using organizers to copy styles, AutoText, and macros
- Adding building blocks and content controls
- Inserting field codes and document properties
- Creating style set templates
- Creating global, workgroup, and add-in templates
- Modifying the Normal.dotm template