Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cert Prep: Word 2013 Microsoft Office Expert Part Two (77-426).
- [Instructor] The Exercise Files in this course are free for all members. To start, you should download the Exercise File package to a location on your computer like the desktop, such as I did here. When I open the folder, I see a series of files broken down by chapter. I'll tell you when to open each file as we proceed through the course. If you open a file during the video, I recommend that you use Save As so you don't override the original file. That way, you'll have the document you were working on, as well as the original file just in case you want to go back and do the exercise again.
And if you accidentally override the original file, you can always download the Exercise Files again.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.