Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. In the exercise files folder, there is one handout and then there are six folders that contain the exercises folders for the course. For example, in chapter one we'll be using two different files, Style Types and Create Style. In the second chapter, we have four different files that we will be using. And at the beginning of a movie, when I open a particular file, a banner will appear on the screen telling you the name of the file that I've opened.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay. You can still follow along by watching how I use the files or by using your own files that were created in Microsoft Word. Let's get started.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles