Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using building blocks and macros together, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
You can really get your groove on by using both building blocks and macros…together to make a smashing combination.…This really shifts you into second gear by speeding up your output, and…gives you the power of both building blocks and macros all in one powerful little package.…Let's say we receive a weekly report.…We find ourselves re-doing the same repetitive steps over and over again.…So instead, let's record a macro to save ourselves a huge amount of time.…
Let's start recording.…Let's go down to the Record Macro button in your Status Bar and click and…we'll give it a name.…Since this is our weekly report, let's call it WeeklyReport.…We're going to assign this to a keyboard shortcut, RW for Weekly Report.…So click on keyboard, it has a little icon of a keyboard on it, and we're going…to assign it a new shortcut key F+Alt+R, W. It's still unassigned, so make sure…down at the bottom-left you click on Assign.…
Then click on Close, and we'll start recording.…The first thing that we want to do is we want to get rid of WebPage here.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.