Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Word styles and style sets, part of Learning Word 2010.
Word has a well-developed method for formatting text and paragraphs.…It's not hard to format text as you're typing along, but for larger projects and…for consistency, you want to learn how to use Word Styles.…This lesson is an introduction to Styles and shows you how to quickly apply a…style to text. And then it shows you how to Style Sets,…where you can quickly make major visual changes to a document.…Here's a document where some styles are applied but we still need to assign a…style to this title here which is the title of the book, Treasure Island.…
So, you'll find all your style details on the Home tab and then over here in the…Style group. The major part of this is a big list of…styles that are standard styles that Word uses for all documents.…So, you have Normal, which is your normal paragraph text.…That would be text like this down here. Then you have a bunch of different types…of Headings that you can use. You have a Title and a Subtitle and then…different styles for certain things. Emphasis strong, quote, etc., etc.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.