Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Building Blocks Organizer, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
The building blocks organizer allows you to do such things as view, sort, edit…properties, delete and insert building blocks.…From the organizer, you can see what gallery your building block is stored…in, what template, category, and it even allows you to move your building…block to another template.…Let's take a look at how these options are available and how you could put them to use.…Click on Insert>QuickParts, and the go to the Building Blocks Organizer.…
One of the things that you can do is sort by any of the field Names.…So if I click on Name it's sorted in alphabetical order or gallery, I can sort…by Category or Template and one of the things I didn't notice before when in…this box is down at the bottom, you'll see this little scroll bar.…So I could scoot over a little bit more, and look, I've got other information…here, such as the Behavior and the Description.…Now you may have noticed I did something up here that made it where I could see…an Auto Fit, all this text in this column.…
Also I did was double-click on this line.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.