Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use styles with find and replace, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] Just as you can use Word's Replace feature…to locate and replace one text string with another,…you can use Replace to replace one style with another,…and I want to show you two different examples…of why you might choose to do this.…The first is a replacement where we…would like to replace all of the instances…in a document of one type of body text,…for example, with another.…If for example I wanted to have all the text…that was currently normal replaced with no spacing…I could do that piece by piece.…
I could go select this, and I could choose No Spacing…and I could continue to do this paragraph by paragraph,…but because I have other formatting…it's not like I can simply select all the body text.…I can't, and because I can't,…this becomes a manual process.…Not a good idea if I can avoid it.…Let's see what Replace brings to the table for us.…Find what.…Well, this is where I would enter text,…but click the More button, and tell it that you are…actually looking for a format.…
And the style you're looking for is Normal.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles