Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use sections and odd/even pages, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] I'm going to illustrate…how we can use section breaks in a document.…I have a document here called Odd Even.…It's six pages long and it has, in the center of it,…an image from an Excel workbook…that we would like to have in horizontal…or landscape mode in this document.…To do that, I want to insert a section break.…Go to the Layout tab and choose Breaks.…This is helpful actually, because if you look at Layout,…Margins, Orientation, Size, Columns,…these are the items that are actually dictated by sections.…
So, it's all in one spot.…What I'd like to do is not break pages,…but I actually want to break sections.…I want to insert a section break…and start the new section on the next page.…Note where I am when I'm doing this,…I'm right above this illustration.…This page ends here.…Now, if we go back home and click on Show/Hide Markings,…notice there's a section break right here…that drives this to the next page.…
I'd like to do exactly the same thing afterwards…and it's nice to have my marks on…so I can see where this illustration ends.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify where the Outline View button is located in Word 2016.
- Explain how to have Word automatically number headings in a report.
- Explain the differences between embedding a spreadsheet and linking a spreadsheet.
- Recognize when you should navigate to a web page you wish to use Screen Clipping on.
- Recall the best way to use a custom footer in other documents.
- List what you can do when you create custom building blocks.