Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use numbered heading styles, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] Some reports by tradition are numbered.…Rather than having simply green technology,…it would be section one, green technology,…and then the subsections are numbered 1.1 or A, B, and C.…I can apply a document format that will do that for me,…that will number my headings.…1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, and so on.…And this formatting, which relies…of modifying the heading styles,…will automatically renumber if I rearrange elements…or if I add new sections.…
If I turn my navigation pane on…and we flip these two sections, for example,…notice that everything gets redone.…1.1.1, 1.2.…Going to undo to change that back to the way it was.…However, notice also that some…of the formatting choices I'd made earlier are gone now.…I'm going to click back…on the document formatting called Centered…because I like that,…but I would still like to be able to number everything.…
In order to do that then, I'm going to go Home,…and with nothing selected,…I have my entire document in front of me,…go to the Paragraph group, choose Multilevel List,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report