Word Online is a tool that lets you use Microsoft Word in a web browser on any computer that's connected to the internet. The interface is very similar to other versions of word. So, in this movie, we'll see how to get started with Word Online and we'll look at the few features that are different from the desktop versions of Word. Once you know how to get into Word Online, the rest should be very familiar.
- [Voiceover] Word is very similar across…multiple platforms, Windows, MAC, Android, iOS,…and we have courses for Word on each of these…specific platforms, except for one, Word Online.…That's where you can use Microsoft Word in the web browser…on any internet connected computer.…So, in this movie, I want to focus on how to get started…using Word Online.…Once you know how to get started,…the rest is very similar to the other versions of Word.…So, on any computer connected to the internet,…you'll open up your web browser,…and go to this address, office.microsoft.com.…
Now, in order to use Word Online,…you do need to already have an Office 365 account.…Most office users have that account,…but not all of them.…Now, from this page, you could setup a new…Office 365 account, or you could sign into…an existing account.…That's what I'm gonna do.…I'm gonna click Sign In on the top right,…I'll choose For Home, because my account is a home account,…then I'll type in my email address and password,…and I'll hit Sign In, which takes me to the standard…
Note: These tutorials apply to both the Windows and Mac versions of Word 2016.
- Setting default font and saving location for new documents
- Replacing text automatically
- Working with hyperlinks
- Viewing word and character counts
- Customizing your dictionary
- Locking documents