Learn how to copy styles and macros from one document to another. Author Jen McBee demonstrates the process for applying and merging styles and macros between documents, and how to to save styles to the normal.dot template.
- [Instructor] Did you know that you can use…the Style Organizer to copy styles…and macros from one document to another?…In this video, I'll show you how to copy styles…between documents and templates,…how to copy macros between documents and templates,…and how to make sure that you're building blocks are…available in all of your documents.…We're going to be using two files for this exercise.…We'll be using the 02 05 StyleOrganizer…and I'll use my View menu and switch windows…to go back and forth between that document…and the 02 05 Copy document throughout this video.…
Let's first take a look at our 02 05 StyleOrganizer.…Under our Home tab we can see…that I'm defining the Headings one, two,…and three styles to match The Landon Hotel's…corporate colors.…If we look at our 02 05 Copy document,…you'll notice that there's only…a Heading one style and at this time…it doesn't match our other document style.…So the first thing we'll do is copy…the styles from our 02 05 StyleOrganizer document…into our 02 05 Copy document.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.