Learn how to use the Navigation Pane to search for words or phrases to easily use the Find and Replace command. Explore how to use the advanced Find tool to both find particular text strings and automatically replace them with new text or formatting. Also
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Using find and replace to find text…and replace it with other text is a pretty basic skill.…It is a skill, though, that you will probably be asked…to demonstrate your knowledge of on the Word 2010 MOS exam.…In this video, I also want to talk with you…about how to find and replace formatting in a document.…I have the 03_04 exercise file open, so let's get started.…Here's our document, and we can see right away…that we have some instances…where California is not capitalized.…
I'd like to quickly look at everywhere in the document…that California is displayed.…So I can quickly see if I need to go in…and reformat it or not.…Now to open my navigation pane,…I can either go to my home tab and go to find…on the far right-hand side of the ribbon, and click find,…or I can use control F as a keyboard short cut…to open that same navigation window.…In the find search field, right here,…I'm going to go ahead and type in lowercase california.…
Look how it shows me everywhere in the document…that it shows up.…I have a individual browse, I can browse it by page,…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.