Use the Word for Mac If...Then...Else...rule to insert different blocks of text based on the value of a field in the data source. Using the values in the State field as an example, use cases include different discounts based on State, or inserting a disclaimer only in letters sent to California or New York. Recommended next courses include Word for Mac 2016 Essential Training and Forms in Depth for Word for Mac 2016
- [Instructor] One final use case,…and this is to introduce us to using…If...Then...Else for intelligent merging…in Word 2016 for Mac.…This is the request by org type data,…and it's the same data we've been working with,…but with that addition of one more column,…which is the organizational type…that Michelle and Nehru and everyone else are working with.…Michelle is an agent, which means that…she books for other folks.…She has clients, customers of her own,…whereas everyone else who's not an agent…is a not for profit, or a corporation, a government unit,…and they are booking on their own behalf.…
Therefore, we have a different arrangement…when we're working with agents,…as opposed to working with folks who are self-booking.…Let's go take a look at our mail merge letter…that we will be working with with If...Then...Else.…Here in our letter, called If-Then-Else,…I have two different sets of variable text.…The first is for our agents.…In these two paragraphs, we are offering their clients…a 25% discount.…So if you book through us,…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges