Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding styles, part of Learning Word 2010.
You can manually make changes to your text and paragraphs by adjusting the font…and the spacing and the indents and all those other formatting details.…If you want to quickly make one paragraph match another you can use Format Painter…to copy and paste the formatting. But that process can get a little tedious…if you're working on a really long document or if you're trying to achieve…consistency among several different documents.…Word has a better way to consistently format your text and it's called Styles.…Styles groups several formatting definitions into a single style that you…can apply to your text. We've got a document here which is a…novel, and entire novel, and it's got different parts of it.…
We have titles, we have headings, we have chapter headings and we've got this…dedication page here. And right now everything sort of has the…same look. And it would be best to distinguish some…of these elements using formatting. Now, if you're going to do that manually,…you'd probably go to the Home tab, use the Formatting and the Font group here to…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.