Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the importance of naming conventions, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
When naming your building blocks, short simple unique names are best.…It doesn't seem as if the name of a building block would be so important, but…actually it is. And the reason has not so much to do with simply naming the…building block now, but finding and using the building block later.…Let's say for example, you have three building blocks.…One is called Company Name; you have another one that's called Company Address,…you don't need to type this, I just want to show you how this works; and Company Phone.…
When you go to use any of these building blocks, I would have to type Company…space and the letter N in order for my AutoText to even recognize this as a…unique name, because all of them have the word company in front of it.…In other words, for Word to recognize which one you want to use, it must be…unique prior to pressing F3 or before Word can display the Auto-complete pop-up.…
I'm just going to select Company Name here and I'll kind of show you what it…looks like when you actually are naming these.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.