Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Types of styles, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] I've opened this document called Style Types,…and my navigation pane is open on the left-hand side.…Yours may or may not be, because that's not driven…by this document.…Whether the navigation pane is displayed or not…depends on whether it was open…the last time you used Microsoft Word.…If you have the navigation pane displayed and you don't want…to see it, you can turn it off.…You can also drive its behavior from the View tab…in the Show group, where you can turn…the nav pane on or off.…Same thing is true for the ruler.…
If your screen looks a little different than mine,…perhaps you'll want to turn your ruler on…or turn it off.…Totally up to you.…Now let's move forward with styles.…There are five types of styles in Word,…and you'll want to know about them,…because how we work with styles depends on…what type of styles they are.…Character styles are applied to selected text,…so if I want, for example, to have some text…that's formatted using the strong style,…the first thing I'll do is select that text,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Creating styles
- Applying styles
- Customizing styles
- Basing new styles on existing styles
- Managing style sets
- Copying, deleting, and renaming styles
- Creating a table of contents with styles