Word has a built-in language translator, which was updated in Office 2019 and Office 365 to work much more smoothly. This video shows how to translate an entire document or a small selection of text in a Word document.
- [Instructor] Word has a built-in language translator which was updated to work more seamlessly in Office 2019 and Office 365, Go to the review ribbon and open the translate menu. To get a translated version of the full document, choose translate document. If it's your first time, you must turn on intelligent services. Set the original language and the language you want to translate to. Auto detect usually works, but you can also manually set the original language.
Click the translate button, then your translated version of the document will open in a separate window. Alternatively, you can select a portion of text, then choose translate selection from the translate menu. Confirm the settings, then click insert to swap the translated text into the document.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Drawing a table
- Adding page breaks
- Formatting text in a table
- Using section breaks to control column layouts
- Properly adding space between paragraphs
- Starting page numbering later in a document
- Recovering a document after a crash
- Including both portrait and landscape pages in a document
- Saving to Google Drive from within Word
- Editing PDF content in Word
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Word Quick Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.