Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Stepping into your macro, part of Building Blocks and Macros in Word.
If something is going wrong in your code, instead of trying to figure out the…VBA code, there is a cool way of trying to figure out what's going wrong in your…Macro by watching what's happening in your document step-by-step as your code is…running, and as a bonus it's also a great way of learning a little bit of VBA.…There is a very helpful little tool in the Visual Basic Editor called Step Into,…that will help you do just that.…Let's use the Step Into feature with our exercise file and the DailyReport Macro…we recorded earlier, as we watch our Macro in action.…
So open your exercise file, and then we'll switch to the VBA Editor by pressing…Alt+F11 on your keyboard.…Next, locate the DailyReport from the procedure list.…If it's not up here on your screen, click on the Down arrow and find your…DailyReport from here.…The next thing we'll do is arrange the Word and the VBA windows so you can…see them side-by-side.…And I'm just going to kind of pull this so I can see both here.…
Now click within the DailyReport, it doesn't matter where here, just as long as…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010: Mail Merge in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 31m Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.