Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting with a new document, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- The secret to as near as can be error free,…trouble-free, E-pub creation from Word boils…down to the two S's: structure and styles.…And one simple maxim: Use only what you need.…So this is a new document here in Word that…I've populated with the kind of things that I will need.…I've put Chapter Title, or Chapter or Title…in there, and then I've put a Subheading in there,…and then a next level Subheading.…
In HTML there are six levels of subheading, I've…got to be honest in twenty years of working in that area…I have never had a reason to use an H6,…the lowest level in anger.…I dare say in some legal and medical documents,…had I worked on those I may well have done,…but normally everything can be done within sort of…three or four levels of structure in my experience.…But for this one, I've just used three just here.…
In fact, I'm just going finish the last one of these off…because I'm just modifying these so this one just…here is based on heading three, one of the default…stars in Word, I'm just going to right-click that…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.