Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting with an existing document, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- If you've already gone to the effort of…typing your manuscript, and now you need to modify it,…there's good news and there's bad news.…The good news is you've nearly finished your manuscripts,…and the bad news is you're probably…gonna have to get in and do a bit of structuring,…if you've done things like this.…So if you've just taken normal paragraph text as this is,…and you've made it just a little bit bigger,…or just made it bold, a few headings,…then you're gonna have to get in…and do all of the necessaries with this:…changing its headings, and then you're gonna have to get in…and fix all of these things potentially like so.…
Let me just undo that from there.…There are a couple of other small choices…that you maybe have to work with.…You can actually manage the styles.…In fact, if you go to the "Format" menu,…and choose "Style" from there,…you can actually get into the organizer,…and you can basically bring in…the styles from another template.…This is using the "Normal" template here.…If I close that, and then choose 'Open',…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.