The author shows how to solve the practice challenge.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Welcome to the chapter eight…challenge solution video.…For this challenge,…we use the 08_03 challenge exercise file.…And I challenged you to complete all of the tasks…in eight minutes or less.…Before we start going through the tasks on this challenge,…I want to show you what will happen when you open…the 04_08 solution word document.…When I go to file and open, in my chapter eight folder,…here's the 08_04 solution word document.…When I double click on it, this SQL command window opens.…
Just asking me to verify that I know that…if I open this document, if I say yes,…the data from my database,…which is an excel worksheet actually,…will be placed into the document, and do I want to continue?…And at this point I want you to go ahead and say yes.…And your document will open right up,…so that you can compare your document…to the solution document.…Let's go ahead and get started.…Here's our document, I'm gonna use my control, and click…to go down to our instructions.…
As always we're going to save the file…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.