The author shows how to solve the practice challenge.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Hi, welcome to the Chapter 3 Solution video.…For this challenge we use the 03_11 challenge exercise file,…and I challenged you to complete…all the tasks in 5 minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…I'll using Ctrl and click…to go down to the instructions on page two.…As always, the first thing we'll do is…save the file as My 03_11 Challenge.…File, Save As.…Click in front of the title.…My, space, Save. Done.…
Next, use, Go To to find the table…with cake names and photos.…Apply table style Light Shading, Accent 1.…Go To is on the Home tab under Find…and Go To.…Remember you can also use ctrl + g…to open the same window.…Let's scroll down to Table.…There's only one table in this document…so I'll just type a 1 in…and click Go To.…And here we are.…I'll select the table.…Go up to the table Tools' Design tab.…
Use the down arrow.…Light Shading Accent number 1, perfect.…I'll go ahead and select that.…Close the Go To window.…And let's go back down to our instructions…and mark that as done.…Next, we're gonna insert a row above…
Explore the Microsoft certification program and then walk through all the exam objectives in detail. Learn about sharing and maintaining documents, formatting content, applying page layout and reusable content, including illustrations and graphics, proofreading documents, applying references and hyperlinks, and performing mail merge operations. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Creating new Word documents
- Protecting and sharing documents
- Formatting content using font and paragraph attributes
- Creating tables and custom bullet characters
- Inserting breaks, headers and footers, and watermarks
- Adding and formatting illustrations, graphics, and SmartArt
- Creating Quick Parts from existing objects
- Proofreading documents and configuring AutoCorrect
- Applying endnotes, footnotes, and hyperlinks
- Setting up and executing a mail merge
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 49s
2. Creating, Sharing, and Maintaining Documents
3. Format Content
4. Applying Page Layout and Reusable Content
5. Including Illustrations and Graphics
6. Proofreading Documents
7. Applying References and Hyperlinks
Insert and edit hyperlinks4m 31s
8. Performing Mail Merge Operations
9. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.