Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up margins, part of Learning Word 2010.
For most documents, margins are a pretty straightforward business.…Word provides a list of standard margins, that you'll probably be happy with most…of the time. However, when you need to create custom…margins, or some kind of fancy margin for a bound booklet, Word won't let you down…there either. This lesson explores some of the options.…So, when you want to work with margins, you want to be over here on the Page…Layout tab, and here's your Margins menu. You might also want to go down here and…change your view to Whole Page View. That way you can see your entire document…in one screen. So, to change the margins to one of these…standard margins, is pretty simple. Suppose I want to go to the Wide Margin,…I can click on that. And my document immediately changes to…the Wide Margin. This would be a good one if you plan on…having a lot of notes in the margins. The Narrow Margin really fills up the…page, gets you more words on a page, so you'll use less paper.…
Normal is the most popular margin, probably, it's one inch all the way…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.