Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up headers, footers, and page numbers, part of Learning Word 2010.
Information at the top and bottom of your pages makes it easy for readers to…navigate your document and understand what the contents is.…For multi-page documents, you usually want something like a title, a page…number, and maybe other information such as a date or the author's name.…This lesson shows how to use Word's Pre-Designed Page Headers and Footers.…So, we have a document like this, there's automatically room at the top and at the…bottom of the page, to put a little bit of helpful information for your readers.…
And to insert a Header or a Footer, you go to the Insert tab over here and then…you'll see the Header and Footer section that includes menus for Header, Footer,…and Page Number. Inserting a header is pretty simple.…Click the Menu button and you get a pretty good display here that shows you…what these different headers look like. They each have names, and some of them…are pretty elaborately designed as you can see.…All you need to do to insert a header into your document is just click on one…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.