Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting line spacing and paragraph spacing, part of Learning Word 2010.
As writers we also want to encourage readers to read our work.…Often if something looks too dense and hard to read, people avoid reading it.…And one way you can enhance readability is by adding a little extra line or…paragraph spacing. Naturally Insurance companies and those…folks that write the terms for credit cards can skip this lesson.…You have a document and it has a reasonable amount of space between the lines.…But this still looks pretty dense and think, and some people might avoid it…just thinking it's too hard to slog through it.…You can make it a little easier for them with line spacing, so you can go here to…the Home tab. And then in the Paragraph Group, this…little control here gives you tools for Line and Paragraph Spacing.…
So, it's a Menu, I can click on it to open up the Menu.…And then as I drag through these different options, it spaces out the…lines in that paragraph, so I could choose one of these.…And that affects the spacing between all of the lines within this paragraph.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.