To make a document easier to read, adjust indentation and spacing using line and paragraph options. In this video, learn how to set line and paragraph spacing, set left and right indentation for a paragraph, and identify line and page break options.
- [Instructor] To make our formatting consistent … throughout the document, we can change the amount … of space that appears between lines, … before and after paragraphs, and after a heading. … After watching this video, you'll know … how to add spacing before and after paragraphs … and how to control your line spacing options … and your left, right, and special indentations. … Let's jump right into our spacing indentation document. … And I can see right away … that this first paragraph is formatted incorrectly. … I'm going to go ahead and select that paragraph. … Go to my Paragraph group on my Home tab, … Line and Paragraph Spacing, … and go down to Line Spacing Options. … In the Indentation section, the indentation has been set … to a hanging indent at 1/2 inch, … and that is why everything but the first line … of my text is indented 1/2 inch over. … So a hanging indent is not really the correct indentation … to use for this paragraph. … I can change it to first line, click OK, … and now the correct formatting has been applied. …
- Navigating within documents
- Inserting headers and footers
- Sharing documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Inserting breaks
- Formatting text
- Creating tables and lists
- Creating citations and bibliographies
- Managing references
- Adding comments
- Managing change tracking
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
About the challenges1m 13s
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Manage Documents
3. Insert and Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
4. Manage Tables and Lists
5. Create and Manage References
6. Insert and Format Graphic Elements
7. Manage Document Collaboration
8. Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.