Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set paragraph spacing and margins, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Instructor] On the Design tab we have themes…and we have different document formats,…Colors, Fonts, Paragraph Spacing in Effects.…This would make it seem as if Paragraph Spacing…is actually part of the theme but it is not.…Paragraph Spacing is set separate from the theme.…And the Paragraph Spacing option allows us to set…line spacing and then the space that appears…before and after paragraphs.…We have built in choices,…one of which is set as the default.…
The default for me right now is line spacing of 1.08,…no leading space and eight points after.…What that means is coming out of this paragraph,…there's eight points there.…But I have other choices and if you point…to them like Compact,…you can see the before spacing after…and the line spacing.…Now we have Relaxed for example,…which is line spacing of one and a half,…with a generous six points after,…and double spacing which is used in many…academic documents but is really rarely…used in business documents.…
More typically you'll see paragraphs spacing of Relaxed.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report