In this video, learn how to send a copy of your document in a variety of formats via email right from within Word, without leaving the app to access your email application separately.
- [Instructor] Anyone who's used email knows that you can start a message, choose who you're sending it to, and then attach things to that message, such as a Word document. Well, here in Microsoft Word 2019, you don't even have to leave the application to do just that. Right from within Word, we can choose to send our document via email as an attachment. We can even choose to have it converted to a different format along the way if we so choose. And that's what we're going to explore in this movie. Still working with Tech Connect 09 from the chapter nine folder of your exercise files.
Click the File tab up here in the top left corner and then go to Share. From here, you'll see some options for sharing with people, even collaborating if you want to save to the cloud. But if you just simply want to email this as an attachment, choose the one right below, Email. This opens up some email options like Sending as Attachment. There it is, right at the top. If we have saved our document to the cloud, something we're gonna talk about a little bit later, we can send a link to that file. But because we haven't saved it to the cloud as of yet, it's an option that's not available.
Notice we can also send it as an attachment converted to a read-only format like PDF or XPS. And then down below, even send it as an internet fax, without a fax machine, but you will need a fax service provider. Let's go back up to Send as Attachment and select it. Now if you use an email application like Outlook, it just takes a moment, it's still looking at our document, for Outlook to pop open. We didn't have to go find it. It just opens up a window with a new message.
You can see the subject is the name of our document. It's already attached. There it is, the Word document. We just have to enter who we're sending it to. Down below you can add a message and when you're done, clicking the Send button will send this off without you having to do a lot of work. Let's close this up. So at any point, if you want to share your document via email, keep in mind you don't have to leave Microsoft Word, open up your email application like Outlook, start a new message, attach the file.
It will all be done for you if you do it from the Share option here under the File tab in Word 2019.
- Opening, closing, and reading documents
- Finding and replacing text
- Changing font formatting and text case
- Formatting text with styles
- Working with paragraph text
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Illustrating your documents with shapes and images
- Setting proofing and autocorrect options
- Sharing and collaborating with others