Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting text, part of Learning Word 2010.
This lesson is all about the art of Selection.…Most of the time, when you want to change something in your document, you have to…select the portion that you want to change.…This lesson shows how to quickly select letters, sentences, entire paragraphs,…and more. Now you probably notice that when you,…working in your document, your cursor changes depending on what it's over.…When it's off to the side like this, your cursor shows as an arrow.…You move it over the Ribbon and it's an arrow as well.…But when you move it over your document, it changes to this I Beam character.…And the I Beam is handy because it's, makes it really easy to position your…cursor in between particular letters. And that's important because where the…cursor is, that's where the action is. (SOUND).…
The cursor is also used to select letters, so if you wanted to select…letters in the middle of a document, you could Click and Drag and you could select…those letters in the middle. Now if you keep on dragging beyond the…word, where it starts selecting a word at a time and most of the time that's pretty…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.