Contacts such as Outlook contacts are a natural data source for mail merged letters in Word for Mac 2016. Contacts must be stored in the primary Outlook contacts folder. To connect your Outlook Contacts to your main document, on the Mailings tab, choose Select Recipients, and then choose Outlook Contacts.
- Here I am in Outlook 2016 for Mac,…a great data source for a mail merge.…Because this is where I keep many of my contacts.…If I'd like to do a mail merge with any of these contacts,…or all of them, very easy to do as you're going to see.…One thing I want to note is that I have different folders.…I have a CRM Consults folder…that includes some other people, like Jake,…who's not included in my primary contacts folder.…When I ask for contacts in Outlook for Mac,…I'm going to get everybody who's a contact.…
It doesn't matter…that they're in different folders right now.…And then I'll be filtering them in my mail merge.…I, therefore, don't need to make sure…that any of these have specific address book properties,…like I might in some other versions of Outlook.…Merging with my contacts is a "You all Come" proposition.…Let's go back, then, to our letter that we saved…at the end of the last movie in Microsoft Word.…Note that the mail merge is prompting us…to select recipients, and that's what we will be doing next.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges