To connect your FileMaker Pro database to your main document, on the Mailings tab choose Select Recipients then FileMaker Pro Database. Select your FileMaker Pro Database in the Data Source dialog box then choose Open.
- Using a table from a database is a little more complex…because the database itself might have multiple tables.…But lets take a look at using FileMaker Pro…as our data source.…Again with our primary mail merge document open…we choose select recipients and choose FileMaker Pro.…Browse to find the file…if you're using the exercise files in chapter one…there's a file called customers.…It is a FileMaker Pro database…and the first thing we need to do is choose…either a layout or a table…and in my tables I have one table called contacts.…
And the fields I would like I could either add them all…or I could add specific fields.…I would like to add first and last…and perhaps also have the persons work email.…Notice that you have lots to choose from here.…Another possibility is to add them all…and remove the fields you don't want…if there're fewer of them.…For example I don't necessarily want title…so I can remove it.…
I don't want the photo container.…I don't need company or job title or website or group.…But I do want their office email and so on.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges