To connect your mailing list to your main document, on the Mailings tab, choose Select Recipients, and then choose an option. Contacts such as Apple contacts are a natural data source for mail merged letters in Word for Mac 2016.
- [Narrator] The process for using your Apple Contacts…is really similar to using your Outlook Contacts.…Simply go to Select Recipient, choose Apple Contacts.…The first time you do this you may be prompted…to allow Word to actually talk to your Apple Contacts,…and you would of course say yes.…And notice here are the merge fields…that are available to us from our Apple Contacts.…If we insert one of those merge fields, for example,…Full Name, and preview the results,…I'm the first person listed.…So that works just fine.…
And I'm once again going to close…Merge-Brochure Letter without saving it.…And in the next movie we'll look at yet another…data source or use with Word format mail merge.…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges