To connect your mailing list to your main document, on the Mailings tab, choose Select Recipients, and then choose an option. Contacts such as Apple contacts are a natural data source for mail merged letters in Word for Mac 2016.
- [Narrator] The process for using your Apple Contacts…is really similar to using your Outlook Contacts.…Simply go to Select Recipient, choose Apple Contacts.…The first time you do this you may be prompted…to allow Word to actually talk to your Apple Contacts,…and you would of course say yes.…And notice here are the merge fields…that are available to us from our Apple Contacts.…If we insert one of those merge fields, for example,…Full Name, and preview the results,…I'm the first person listed.…So that works just fine.…
And I'm once again going to close…Merge-Brochure Letter without saving it.…And in the next movie we'll look at yet another…data source or use with Word format mail merge.…
AuthorGini von Courter
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2013: Templates in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 46m Intermediate
Word for Mac 2016: Forms in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Personalized Letters
2. Use Email Merge
3. Create Envelopes, Labels, and Directories
Merge envelopes6m 23s
4. Use Rules and Other Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.