Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sections: The basics, part of Creating Reports in Word 2016.
- [Narrator] Normally, when we apply formatting…to a document, for example, page numbering:…that page numbering carries through the entire document.…But what if we don't want it to?…That's where sections come into play.…There are different types of formatting…that are specifically assigned to sections,…and you can insert a section break into a document…so that you can have, for example,…page numbering that is lowercase Roman…for some of the document, and then switches to…traditional Arabic numbering.…
If you'd like to have different headers and footers…in different parts of the document,…then you'll have a section break that separates…one set of headers from a different set of headers,…and one set of footers from a different set of footers.…Perhaps in your document, you have one page…that needs to be presented in Landscape Mode…while all of the other pages are in Portrait Mode.…Insert a section break before and after that…Landscaped Mode page, and change the page orientation…for that one page alone.…
Likewise, you can have different margins…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Outlining your report
- Applying styles and themes
- Inserting tables, pictures, and charts
- Dividing reports into sections
- Inserting a table of contents
- Proofing your report