Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Scheduling in Adobe Story, part of Creating a Short Film: 03 Pre-Production.
- [Voiceover] In this tutorial we're going to be looking at…the mechanics of scheduling your shoot day.…For this we're gonna be using Adobe Story, but again,…you could use pen and paper or any other…software package that you desire.…The concepts we're over here are the important thing…to get and are pretty universal.…Now, in Adobe Story, the way that we create a schedule…is by going to the New button here,…the top of the interface.…I'm gonna click New, and then we change…the type to a schedule.…I'm just gonna go ahead and call this…Assurance Schedule 01, and I'll…go ahead and click Create.…
Now, you could actually create the schedule from anywhere…in Adobe Story, because once you decide to create…a schedule, it asks you which category, which folder,…you could see the projects folders over here…mimic the categories over here, and then…I'm gonna choose the Assurance.…That's the project I have the project I have here, and then…the project in the category is the Assurance, and then…I have all of the screen plays here in this list.…
Learn how to prepare the assets, such as shooting scripts, storyboards, and shot lists. Discover how to schedule and budget a shoot, and keep costs down while leaving room for the creative decisions that need to be made along the way. Find out how to hire a crew, scout and secure locations for each scene, and prepare props, sets, and wardrobe for actors. Learn what you need to do to keep your people safe, and the things you can prepare ahead of time to make sure production and post-production run smoothly.
There are more filmmaking tips to be had! Make sure to watch the first installment to learn about the background of the project and to get an overview of the role of the producer. Look for the follow-up episodes to learn more about writing, directing, working with actors, editing and visual effects, and everything else that goes into filmmaking.
- Turning the script into a shooting script
- Working with script breakdown software such as Adobe Story
- Creating storyboards and a shot list
- Scheduling the shoot
- Budgeting the shoot and post-production
- Hiring a crew
- Preparing sets and costumes
- Scouting locations
- Creating props
- Preparing assets for post-production
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 04 Working with Actorswith Chad Perkins1h 49m Appropriate for all
Creating a Short Film: 05 Directingwith Chad Perkins2h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Script Breakdown
2. Creating the Shot List
3. Creating the Schedule
4. Creating the Budget
5. Getting a Crew
6. Art and Production Design
9. Preparing for Production
10. Preparing for Post
Creating a rough soundtrack1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.