Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving building blocks, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
The choices you make when saving building blocks is very important. And as we…have seen, even the naming conventions can reflect upon such things as whether…or not your auto-complete will work based on your naming conventions.…Let's take a look at some of the other options and how your choices will affect…the way you're building blocks will work.…Each option you choose when saving your building blocks are important.…So let's get started by talking about these options as we create a building…block for our company letterhead.…We'll be saving our building blocks into a header gallery. Here's another way to…create a building block and save to a gallery that we haven't yet discussed.…
Let's first go to the Header, so double-click in the header area and press…Ctrl+A on your keyboard.…This will select everything in the header area.…Then go to Insert>Header and then down at the very, very bottom you will see…Save Selection to Header Gallery.…Select that, we'll give it a name and we'll call it *EC for Explore…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.