Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving Word documents to different formats, part of Learning Word 2010.
There's a saying in the computer world that goes save early and save often.…It's good advice. What it means is that you always want to…save your files, while you're working repeatedly.…You never want to lose your work because the power went out or some other disaster strikes.…This lesson shows how to save your work. To standard Word formats, and it shows…you how to save it to other popular file formats too.…So, suppose you're working away, and you want to save your document.…You can look up here, and if your document has a title like document one or document…four, that probably means it's never been saved before.…
So, the thing to do is to go over here, and choose File, and then choose Save.…And if you've never saved a file before, you'll see this window that shows you…your folders and other locations on your computer or your network.…And then it shows you your folders and files in here.…Whatever you select over here. So, if I select the Documents library, it…shows the folders in my Documents library and it shows the files that are already…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.