Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting editing, part of Learning Word 2010.
You can limit the ways that other people can make changes to your document.…It's called Restrict Editing. So, for example, you can let them enter…comments, but prevent them from making changes to the text.…This lesson shows you how. You have your document open and we've got…a manuscript for Treasure Island here. You can restrict the edits that other…people make to your document on the Review tab.…So, if you go over here to the Review tab, and you see some of the…Collaboration tools in here. At the far end over here, you have…Restrict Editing. It's got this little Padlock icon.…
So, when I click on that, it opens up the Restrict Editing and Formatting box.…Now it gives you one, two, three steps to take.…The first step has do with limiting the way that somebody else can change the…formatting of your document. And you can turn this on with this check box.…And then you can use the settings here to turn on and off the different styles that…you allow them to make changes to. This is not the most common way to…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.