In this video, learn how to resolve multi-document style conflicts. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to use the Paste Options and Word options to resolve style conflicts between documents.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about how to resolve…multi-document style conflicts.…How many times have we copied text from one document…and then pasted it into another document…and it didn't come in at all the way we wanted it to.…Well, in this video we're going to talk about…the copying and pasting options…that are available under the Paste Options menu.…I'll show you how you can configure the Word options…to better handle text when you copy and cut it…and then paste it into a document.…
We'll look at copying within the same document,…copying from one document to another,…and even copying from program to another.…We're going to be working with two different documents…for this exercise.…The first will be the 02_03 Resolve Conflicts.…And if I click in the body of this document…and look up at my font group,…I can see that the style is Calibri 12…and the Normal style has been applied.…The other document that we're working with,…which I can see by going to VIEW and Switch Windows,…is 02_03 InsertThis.…
Now our InsertThis document is...…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for contact hours and professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including how to get hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-426, and shares solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Modifying existing templates
- Resolving multi-document style conflicts
- Designing advanced documents
- Working with outlines
- Creating advanced references
- Creating and formatting a table of contents
- Creating custom Word elements
- Configuring language options in documents
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Documents
3. Design Advanced Documents
4. Create Advanced References
5. Custom Word Elements
6. Final Challenge
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.