Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Rename or delete a style or style set, part of Word 2016: Styles in Depth.
- [Instructor] When I was first creating styles,…I didn't always give them great names,…and so I learned how to rename styles out of necessity.…If I choose a style, like K-Product,…and I want to rename it,…on way to do that is to open the Styles pane.…I really like working with this.…And if I then go to K-Product and click the dropdown,…notice that I have the ability to modify it,…and one way to modify it is to change its name.…So it could be called now K-ProductName if I wish.…
And notice I have my new style name here,…and in the gallery.…Easy enough to do.…What if I want to delete a style?…Well, deleting a style is just as easy,…but it does have a level of complexity about it.…Let's delete, for example,…the style that is K-Head 2, right here.…Select, Delete K-Head 2.…Do I want to delete it from the document?…Notice, it's not saying delete it from everywhere.…Although, if this is the only place it lived,…it would be gone.…
I'm going to delete it,…and what happens when I delete a style…is that the style that it was based on…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain the best way to create a theme that is very similar to one of the built-in Office themes.
- List the views that the Style area is available in.
- Identify where the Table Design tab is available.
- Identify what department can tell you what the RGB values are for your company’s logo.
- Recognize where changes to a style will be automatically applied to if the Automatically Update option of Modify Style is enabled.
- Identify the styles that are used to generate the two default tables of contents.