Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording macros, part of Building Blocks and Macros in Word.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Great news! For those of us that are not programmers, Word offers us a way to create VBA…without even knowing the code.…Word includes a macro recorder that create VBA behind the scenes as you perform…your tasks in the Word interface. So why waste time?…Let's start recording.…Our scenario here is that we get a daily report that comes from a source other than Word.…It needs to have the title Daily Report inserted up at the top here along with…today's date, and under that it needs to be formatted with our styles.…
Let's save ourselves some time everyday by simply clicking a button to do all of this for us.…There are three different ways of starting your recording.…One is to go up to View>Macros and Record Macro.…The second way is to go to the Developer ribbon. From the Developer ribbon…go over here underneath of Code>Record Macro.…The easiest way is to click on the little macro button at the bottom of the status bar.…So let's go ahead and start recording.…
When you press Record, it pops up the Record Macro dialog box and asks for a Macro name.…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010: Mail Merge in Depthwith Gini von Courter1h 31m Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.