Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick formatting with the ruler, part of Learning Word 2010.
This lesson shows how to make quick formatting changes to paragraphs in your…document using Word's ruler. The ruler is not the only tool for…formatting paragraphs, but it may be the easiest because it's such a visual tool.…Its particularly well suited to making changes to a paragraph here and there.…So, if your working on a document like this memo and you want to make changes to…paragraphs the indents or the margins the thing to do is display the ruler.…When you first start working, you're in the Home tab.…Well, the control for the Ruler is on the View tab, so I click View, go over here…to the Show group, and I click the check box next to Ruler, displays a ruler on…the top and along the left side of my document.…
The check box works like a toggle so you can turn the ruler on and off.…There's one other way you can turn the ruler on and off too and that's over here…above the scroll bar you can click this View ruler button.…Now if you want to change the margins, you can use the Ruler to do that.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.