Use the Word for Mac mail merge FILLIN rule to prompt the user for info to be used in each merged item. Position the insertion point and choose Rules > FILLIN to open the dialog box. Provide a prompt and optionally a default. Do not enable the Ask Once checkbox. This movie also demonstrates editing merge fields.
- [Narrator] If you've been working along with me,…this is the document that we saved at the end…of the last movie.…If you want to open this from the exercise files,…this one is called specific fill in…and you'll find it in the chapter four folder.…We are already using a global fill in to provide a date…for all of the letters that we're merging at one time.…Now we want to do something very specific…and it involves this discount right here.…We aren't going to offer everyone a 25 percent discount.…We're going to let the person who's doing this merge…decide what discount they're going to offer.…
They're not going to merge 100 letters at a time,…they're going to do three or four to specific clients,…maybe eight, no more than that.…And the person who's doing this merge, Dahlia,…is the person who knows what discount should be provided.…Here's how we're going to do this.…We'll go to rules again, fill-in, and…provide a prompt -- Enter the discount…for this customer…as a whole number.…And I should say the discount percent for…
Gini von Courter takes a deep dive into mail merge, showing how to efficiently create personalized letters, envelopes, labels, and even email messages. She explains how to connect to data sources in Excel, create new data sources, and add attachments to merged email messages. Plus, she covers how to troubleshoot mail merge issues, use rules like If…Then…Else for advanced mail merges, and more.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Selecting recipients from Outlook and Apple contacts
- Selecting recipients from FileMaker Pro data
- Mail merging data from an Excel spreadsheet
- Filtering recipients
- Inserting merge fields
- Sending merged email
- Troubleshooting mail merged letters
- Creating personalized email messages
- Creating envelopes, labels, and directories
- Using rules for customized merges